I’m relieved – Man Utd forward, Mason Greenwood
Manchester United forward, Mason Greenwood has said that he was ‘relieved’ after charges of attempted rape and assault against him were dropped.
Greenwood, 21, was arrested in January last year amid allegations surrounding images and videos.
On Thursday, the Crown Prosecution Service explained that the charges brought against Greenwood were discontinued after key witnesses withdrew their involvement.
However, in a short statement after the announcement, Greenwood said: “I am relieved that this matter is now over and I would like to thank my family, loved ones and friends for their support.
“There will be no further comment at this time.”
📌 Read the Latest News Trends and Get Fresh updates as they drop via Twitter, Telegram and Facebook